I was birding with a friend yesterday .... checking out the lakes in
Berkshire County, MA.  Unfortunately the wind came up and the sun came
out so we were somewhat limited but we did see some Coots, Buffleheads,
Common Loon, Ringnecked, Red Necked Greebe, Mergs ,Hoodies, a Goldeneye,
etc.  Somehow the subject of Tomhannock came up as a good place for
waterfowl.  Can anyone on the list give me directions to places where
one can observe with a scope.  The few times I have been up there the
signage has struck the fear of Gawd in me .  Perhaps it is somewhat more
relaxed now???

Thanks for any thoughts,
Mundi