Jane, thanks.  I'll keep this email around, just in case...

BTW, the cruise ship was rock solid.  I did most of my birding with a scope
with no issues.  Except that you need a scope -- the top deck was 11 stories
above the water.  Finding a small dark shearwater when looking down from 100+
feet isn't the easiest thing.  Everything just looks like a wave.

Also, the cruise ship doesn't have a chum line so there number and variety of
birds is probably lower than it could be.  I tried to talk them into letting
me have the dinning room left overs and setup a grinder off the back, but they
just didn't seem to appreciate the idea.  :-)

On the plus side, is that I was able to bird with an endless buffet bar just a
few steps away.  How many pelagic birding trips have cappuccinos, petit fours,
and a rotisserie?