I am very familiar with this site. If you turn off the main road (Rt. 7 NY) on the east side and follow the county road around the north side there are any number of pull-offs. Just be careful as people tend to drive much too fast for the road. If you wish I can meet you to go out sometime. Just give me some notice so I can arrange a mourning. There are loons, Mergs, and many species of diving ducks, gulls, herons etc, etc there at present. Well worth the trip. Kevin
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Mundi Smithers<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
  To: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
  Sent: Saturday, November 11, 2006 8:35 AM
  Subject: [VTBIRD] Tomhannock Reservoir

  I was birding with a friend yesterday .... checking out the lakes in
  Berkshire County, MA.  Unfortunately the wind came up and the sun came
  out so we were somewhat limited but we did see some Coots, Buffleheads,
  Common Loon, Ringnecked, Red Necked Greebe, Mergs ,Hoodies, a Goldeneye,
  etc.  Somehow the subject of Tomhannock came up as a good place for
  waterfowl.  Can anyone on the list give me directions to places where
  one can observe with a scope.  The few times I have been up there the
  signage has struck the fear of Gawd in me .  Perhaps it is somewhat more
  relaxed now???

  Thanks for any thoughts,
  Mundi