One of our administrators is looking for information about in-house
staff EMR access policies.  Such as, ED staff only being able to access
records for patients in the ED, floor nurses only having access to
patients on that floor, and the like.  I've searched Medline with all
the permutations on access and EMR that I can think of, and I've also
had a go with Google, with no luck in either place.

Has anyone else searched on this successfully, or work in an institution
with similar policies which they would be able to share with us?  All
help is appreciated.  I like to keep admin happy - it helps justify my
budget. 8)

Nancy E. M. Gilly, M.L.S., Medical Librarian
William W. Backus Hospital Medical/Nursing Library
326 Washington Street, Norwich, CT  06360
Ph:860-823-6327  Fax:860-892-2704  e-mail: [log in to unmask]
Opinions expressed are my own and not those of my employer.

Personal Data - Privacy Act of 1974 (PL 93-579)

This transmission is intended to be confidential to the individual(s) and/ or entity to whom addressed. It may contain information of a privileged and/or confidential nature, which may be subject to protection under the Privacy Act of 1974 and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996. In the event you are not the intended recipient or the agent of the intended recipient, or you are unable to deliver this communication to the intended recipient, do not read, copy, or use this information contained within this transmission, or allow it to be read, copied or utilized in any manner, by any other person(s).

Should this transmission be received in error or there is a problem with the transmission, please notify the above named sender immediately at the telephone number provided

The William W. Backus Hospital
326 Washington St
Norwich CT 06360
860 889-8331