Hi Charlie,  from Searsburg- Good to hear you are still
listening!!  Have a wonderful holiday!!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Charles L. Merriman" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2006 10:12 AM
Subject: Re: Tax Payments.

Forgive me for jumping in, but I just couldn't resist. The legislature may
have answered your question for you, Laura.

32 V.S.A.  4773 states:

(a) A municipality which has not previously voted to establish the time and
method of tax payment for the municipality may by majority vote of its
members present and voting at a regular or special town meeting fix a date
or dates, time of acceptance, and method of delivery, including acceptance
of postmarked mail, for the payment of the tax and may direct its collector,
or treasurer as receiver of taxes, to deduct a percent to be fixed by such
vote, not to exceed four percent from the tax of a person who pays his or
her taxes on or before such date or dates.

(b) A municipality that does not vote to fix a date, time, or method of
delivery for the payment of a tax shall accept payment of a tax delivered or
postmarked before midnight on the day established in the notice required by
section 4772 of this title

Charlie

Charles L. Merriman
Tarrant, Marks & Gillies