From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Bobbi Brimblecombe
Sent: Friday, December 15, 2006 9:46 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: what would you do?

A local resident just dropped off a box that contains the "abstract of individual lists" from the late 1890's and early 1900's.  The bindings are very moldy.  I have grand lists for these years, so I am assuming these are copies or the abstracts that were prepared before the final grand list was lodged.   The grand lists that I have are in reasonable shape, with no signs of mold or other damage other than wear & tear.

My questions:

If I put them in the vault with my other grand lists, will the mold migrate?

Since I have grand lists for those years, do I need to keep these?

Would you spend restoration money to clean them up?

If not, how would you store them?

Offering them to the historical society is not a good option since they have no resources and no way to store them.

Bobbi Brimblecombe
Marshfield Town Clerk
122 School Street, Room 1
Marshfield, VT 05658