Essex Town School District is using MMS.   We use a single database for
three 500 student schools.  Being modular it is cost effective we
started with the basics and have added additional modules.  It does
require good network connections.  The report writer is neat, easy to
use. You can add hundreds of your own data fields. If you want more
detail just call.

Ken

Kenneth Kleinman
Technology Director
Essex Town School District
802-878-8168 ext 2007
802-857-2007 (direct line)

>>> Robert Stalling <[log in to unmask]> 12/20/2006 3:44 pm >>>
I've searched through archives on this list first, but didn't get much
info....

What are schools using for their student information systems?

Here in Barre we are using Pearson Education Systems "Chancery
SMS"  (web-based for K-8) and Chancery MacSchool (9-12).  While the
current
solution is working, and is integrated (via a replicator), there are
changes afoot....

Pearson has repositioned SMS as a product for middle to large school
districts (their documentation states "30,000 students" as a starting
point).  Barre has roughly 3k students.  We've also been told that
MacSchool is going to go away at some point (date unknown).

For K-8, SMS is used for electronic standards-based report cards,
gradebook
(middle school), electronic attendance, behavior incidents,
transportation
and transfer of student info between our 2 K-8 schools and the SHS/BVT

campus.  For SHS/BVT, MacSchool is used for report cards, eclass
gradebook,
behavior, and attendance.

So, we're wondering who is using what for a SIS.....and does it fit
your
needs?  comments?

Rob Stalling
Technology Support
Barre Supervisory Union
Barre, VT  05641

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2900.2873" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style="MARGIN: 4px 4px 1px; FONT: 12pt Arial">
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Essex Town School District is using MMS.&nbsp;&nbsp; We use a single database for three 500 student schools.&nbsp; Being modular it is cost effective we started with the basics and have added additional modules.&nbsp; It does require good network connections.&nbsp; The report writer is neat, easy to use. You can add hundreds of your own data fields. If you want more detail just call.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Ken</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><BR><FONT face="Trebuchet MS">Kenneth Kleinman<BR>Technology Director<BR>Essex Town School District<BR>802-878-8168 ext 2007<BR>802-857-2007 (direct line)<BR>[log in to unmask]</FONT><BR><BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; Robert Stalling &lt;[log in to unmask]&gt; 12/20/2006 3:44 pm &gt;&gt;&gt;<BR>I've searched through archives on this list first, but didn't get much info....<BR><BR>What are schools using for their student information systems?<BR><BR>Here in Barre we are using Pearson Education Systems "Chancery <BR>SMS"&nbsp; (web-based for K-8) and Chancery MacSchool (9-12).&nbsp; While the current <BR>solution is working, and is integrated (via a replicator), there are <BR>changes afoot....<BR><BR>Pearson has repositioned SMS as a product for middle to large school <BR>districts (their documentation states "30,000 students" as a starting <BR>point).&nbsp; Barre has roughly 3k students.&nbsp; We've also been told that <BR>MacSchool is going to go away at some point (date unknown).<BR><B!