ANESU is using MMS and it largely fills our needs.  Contact Michael
Carper at [log in to unmask] for technical info.  We were pleased
with the ability to upload our data to TetraData.  5 years ago, when we
were searching, MMS was the best price for the most features.  We use
on-line attendance each block at the high school, and all schools are
using attendance, discipline, health modules in addition to the basic
demographic stuff.

Lauren Kelley Parren
Educational Technology Coordinator ANESU
Portfolio Coordinator, Mt.Abraham Union High School
Bristol, Vermont 05443
802-453-2333
fax 802-453-4359

The illiterate of the 21st century will not be the one who can not read
and write, but the one who can not learn, unlearn, and relearn (Alvin
Toffler)

>>> [log in to unmask] 12/20/06 04:13PM >>>
I've searched through archives on this list first, but didn't get much
info....

What are schools using for their student information systems?

Here in Barre we are using Pearson Education Systems "Chancery
SMS"  (web-based for K-8) and Chancery MacSchool (9-12).  While the
current
solution is working, and is integrated (via a replicator), there are
changes afoot....

Pearson has repositioned SMS as a product for middle to large school
districts (their documentation states "30,000 students" as a starting
point).  Barre has roughly 3k students.  We've also been told that
MacSchool is going to go away at some point (date unknown).

For K-8, SMS is used for electronic standards-based report cards,
gradebook
(middle school), electronic attendance, behavior incidents,
transportation
and transfer of student info between our 2 K-8 schools and the SHS/BVT

campus.  For SHS/BVT, MacSchool is used for report cards, eclass
gradebook,
behavior, and attendance.

So, we're wondering who is using what for a SIS.....and does it fit
your
needs?  comments?

Rob Stalling
Technology Support