I have also been interested and informed in the sis discussion. The
one factor that I have not seen mentioned much is the cost factor ,
including support and training.
here at Cabot we have been using a custom Filemaker solution since
1998 which does scheduling, grades attendance, transcripts, and some
other forms and letters. It has firt our unique and quirky "small"
school needs with a total investment to date of somewhere around
$8,000. Paul Haskel who developed SpEdDoc and the 21st Century
program databases has worked with us and we are hoping to invest in
an overhaul/upgrade to take us into the future..... I have heard
quotes of $20-30K and up for larger systems and would appreciate
hearing from folks on the list regarding cost factor....