-----Original Message-----
From: School Information Technology Discussion
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of John Munson
Sent: Thursday, December 07, 2006 3:38 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: use of proxy websites for anonymous surfing

Here at Blue Mountain we recently are experiencing a problem with
students
accessing proxy websites that allow for anonymous web surfing, thus
thwarting our content filter. In response we are doing a schoolwide
education piece, as well as upping the consequences to students for this

particular infraction. We also have added several of the proxy website
URLs
to the custom blocked list, but don't for a moment think we'd be able to

determine/keep up with them all. (btw, we use Sonicwall for content
filtering).

Is this the extent of what can be done to address this problem or are
there
other options that we've missed here at the school?

Thanks for any assistance on this,

John Munson
Technology Coordinator