-----Original Message-----
From: School Information Technology Discussion
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Michael Keach
Sent: Thursday, December 21, 2006 10:44 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Student Information Systems?

We use Rediker software administrators Plus - including modules for
school nurses - and Gradequick for grades - plan to implement there web
portal next year

Michael Keach
IT Manager
St. Johnsbury Academy
1000 Main Street
St. Johnsbury,VT. 05819

To all responders thus far - Thanks!

Steve -
   Interesting...which Pearson products are included in the demo?  I'm

interested in hearing your take on the demos.
-Rob

At 12/21/2006 08:02 AM, you wrote:

>Pearson and Schoolmaster will demo their products for our district in
>three weeks.   We don't know what we don't know, so we want to see
what
>features are available.  Then, we'll decide if we want to go with an
>official request for proposal.
>
>We are currently using Schoolmaster at Mt. Mansfield.  Winschool is
>used at each the other eight Chittenden East SU schools, though
>independently of each other.
>

>Steve Jarrett
>District Technology Coordinator
>Chittenden East Supervisory Union
>(802) 899 - 4690 X502
>(fax) (802)899-2904
>
>This e-mail may contain information protected under the Family
>Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).  If this e-mail contains
>student information and you are not entitled to access such
information
>under FERPA, please notify the sender.  Federal regulations require
that
>you destroy this e-mail without reviewing it and you may not forward
it
>to anyone.

>ANESU is using MMS and it largely fills our needs.  Contact Michael
>Carper at [log in to unmask] for technical info.  We were
pleased
>with the ability to upload our data to TetraData.  5 years ago, when we

>were searching, MMS was the best price for the most features.  We use
>on-line attendance each block at the high school, and all schools are
>using attendance, discipline, health modules in addition to the basic
>demographic stuff.
>
>Lauren Kelley Parren
>Educational Technology Coordinator ANESU Portfolio Coordinator,
>Mt.Abraham Union High School Bristol, Vermont 05443
>802-453-2333
>fax 802-453-4359
>
>The illiterate of the 21st century will not be the one who can not read

>and write, but the one who can not learn, unlearn, and relearn (Alvin
>Toffler)

>I've searched through archives on this list first, but didn't get
much
>info....
>
>What are schools using for their student information systems?
>
>Here in Barre we are using Pearson Education Systems "Chancery SMS"
>(web-based for K-8) and Chancery MacSchool (9-12).  While the current
>solution is working, and is integrated (via a replicator), there are
>changes afoot....
>
>Pearson has repositioned SMS as a product for middle to large school
>districts (their documentation states "30,000 students" as a starting
>point).  Barre has roughly 3k students.  We've also been told that
>MacSchool is going to go away at some point (date unknown).
>
>For K-8, SMS is used for electronic standards-based report cards,
>gradebook (middle school), electronic attendance, behavior incidents,
>transportation and transfer of student info between our 2 K-8 schools
>and the
SHS/BVT

>campus.  For SHS/BVT, MacSchool is used for report cards, eclass
>gradebook, behavior, and attendance.
>
>So, we're wondering who is using what for a SIS.....and does it fit
>your needs?  comments?
>

>Rob Stalling
>Technology Support
>Barre Supervisory Union