Toimmy,

Chttenden East watched the demo of Chancery SMS in a Randolph a few years ago with other schools.  While it looked pretty versatile, we were not willing to lay our bets on a brand new system.  The challenges that you and others discussed on the list serve then disinclined us to look further at that time.

We are, obviously, looking at options again.

Steve

Steve Jarrett
District Technology Coordinator
Chittenden East Supervisory Union
(802) 899 - 4690 X502
(fax) (802)899-2904

This e-mail may contain information protected under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).  If this e-mail contains student information and you are not entitled to access such information under FERPA, please notify the sender.  Federal regulations require that you destroy this e-mail without reviewing it and you may not forward it to anyone.

>>> Tommy Walz <[log in to unmask]> 12/21/2006 12:40 PM >>>
Steve, I'm curious.  With all those WinSchool installations, Chittenden
East never considered consolidation w/ Chancery SMS?  Just wondering if
you know what the thought processes or reasons were.

On Dec 21, 2006, at 8:02 AM, Steve Jarrett wrote:

> Pearson and Schoolmaster will demo their products for our district in
> three weeks.   We don't know what we don't know, so we want to see what
> features are available.  Then, we'll decide if we want to go with an
> official request for proposal.
>
> We are currently using Schoolmaster at Mt. Mansfield.  Winschool is
> used at each the other eight Chittenden East SU schools, though
> independently of each other.
Tommy J. Walz
Technology Coordinator
Barre Supervisory Union