-----Original Message-----
From: School Information Technology Discussion
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of John McSweeney
Sent: Friday, December 22, 2006 1:19 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Student Information Systems?

I have also been interested and informed in the sis discussion. The one
factor that I have not seen mentioned much is the cost factor ,
including support and training.
here at Cabot we have been using a custom Filemaker solution since
1998 which does scheduling, grades attendance, transcripts, and some
other forms and letters. It has firt our unique and quirky "small"
school needs with a total investment to date of somewhere around $8,000.
Paul Haskel who developed SpEdDoc and the 21st Century program databases
has worked with us and we are hoping to invest in an overhaul/upgrade to
take us into the future..... I have heard quotes of $20-30K and up for
larger systems and would appreciate hearing from folks on the list
regarding cost factor....