From: Lucie deLaBruere <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 12:01:28 -0500
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Buring PowerPoints in DVD format

This is exactly what we are running into... "stuff to take home for Mom and Dad to watch" -
I actually downloaded a presentersoft trial last year, and actually it was the best one I found for because it  "Preserve animations, graphics, transitions, audios and narrations from the original PowerPoint Presentations"   Others we tried lost the animations and other techniques t hat some of our teachers have "spent time" learning how to use.  Like you said Mike, it was  not the most userfriendly interface, but we were able to produce some 'somewhat satisfactory" output until one of our teachers brought in a quite long and complex PowerPoint.  I think if we had tried it on a more powerful computer with more memory, we might have had better luck.  It seems to work by recording the video display, so there might be a lot of variables that impact the results.  We ended up with AVI results that started 'great' but ended up with blackoutput in the middle.  Again I'm suspecting harddrive speed, memory, and video display settings are all part of the equation.  So we're still learning through "time intensive" trial and error methods what might work and what might not.  So I really appreciate the the experience that has been shared so far about this topic.  We can learn so much from each other and save valuable time when we do.

 <http://www.presentersoft.com/download.htm>