In Chittenden South, we use MMS Generations.  We have one database for the K-8 schools and one for the high school.  We do plan to merge the two down the road.  The schools access it over a VPN connection. It works well and seems to meet our needs.  We use the attendance, health and discipline modules.  CVU uses the PIAM module to post grades to the web for parents.

Mike

>>> On 12/20/2006 at 3:44 PM, in message <[log in to unmask]>, Robert Stalling <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I've searched through archives on this list first, but didn't get much info....

What are schools using for their student information systems?

Here in Barre we are using Pearson Education Systems "Chancery
SMS"  (web-based for K-8) and Chancery MacSchool (9-12).  While the current
solution is working, and is integrated (via a replicator), there are
changes afoot....

Pearson has repositioned SMS as a product for middle to large school
districts (their documentation states "30,000 students" as a starting
point).  Barre has roughly 3k students.  We've also been told that
MacSchool is going to go away at some point (date unknown).

For K-8, SMS is used for electronic standards-based report cards, gradebook
(middle school), electronic attendance, behavior incidents, transportation
and transfer of student info between our 2 K-8 schools and the SHS/BVT
campus.  For SHS/BVT, MacSchool is used for report cards, eclass gradebook,
behavior, and attendance.

So, we're wondering who is using what for a SIS.....and does it fit your
needs?  comments?

Rob Stalling
Technology Support
Barre Supervisory Union