> Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 12:45:12 -0700
> From: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: [SKIVT-L] Summary of the Next Week - more powder days coming?
> To: [log in to unmask]
>
> Jay wrote:
> >I for one am happy to not be freezing my butt off at the start of
> >each ski day in sub-zero
> >temperatures; a nice 20 F is fine thank you.
>
> See? Those years in the west have made you soft and spoiled!

I have to admit that even with my love of winter, winter weather, and skiing, I'm definitely not a fan of skiing in sub-zero temperatures.  It especially makes the ancillary activites that I like to do while skiing (photography, videography, teaching the kids, etc.) more difficult.  I definitely noticed the cold the most so far this season when I was taking pictures on my December 8th outing, where the temperature was probably around 10 F and there was a stiff wind.  It was actually quite comfortable weather for skinning, but taking pictures at the base before I had started my ascent was one of the most challenging parts of the day.

J.Spin

Get into the holiday spirit, chat with Santa on Messenger.  Ho-Ho-Ho! - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - SkiVt-L is brought to you by the University of Vermont.