The only thing i every really need is enough snow to ski ungroomed
trails and tree lines. For as long as i have skied the trees (the epic
season of 00-01 was the year before i started skiing trees) I have had
to fight just to get in the woods. The first two years were spent in
NH where it doesn't snow (compared to vt) skiing trees. I came to VT
last year stolked by all the posts from the previous winter. Then look
at the winter we had and how this one is starting off to be. Some
people may disagree with me but i think that western skiers ate
completely and utterly spoiled. You don't know the true meaning of ice
until you have skied 1/2" unbreakable rain crust. I feel like I go
through more p-tex in a winter than most westerners do in 10. This may
sound like a rant to many but I skied utah last winter and It opened
my eyes to it even more.

Now I don't blame anyone for skiing in utah or colorado (i plan to
head that way after school). All I am saying is that out west you pray
for good snow and lots of it but there is always snow to ski, powder
or not. Here we have to pray just to have snow to ski on that didn't
come out of a gun and get groomed. We need all the help of people like
scott because there are really only a few good storms a winter, good
is 6"+ and I know some westerners who don't get out of bed early for
less than a foot. We have had a terrible time even making snow here in
the east which is normally a safe bet. I think there are plenty of
forecasters out west I think its awesome that scott spends so much
time tracking these storms for us. A lot of the storms we get are very
localized and many more are treading a thin line between snow and
rain. I got to ski powder on the rocks at jay this weekend thanks
largely to scott's report and it was awesome. Before that I had been
skiing the same 2 trails at stowe for days on end and was going stir
crazy. There's awesome skiing to be had in the east and we need all
the help we can from people like scott to find it. I think the west
will be ok without scott's help.
Allen