It IS happening at Mad River!  6-8 inches as of 3:30 this afternoon and the main mountain is opening tomorrow!  Wish I could be there tomorrow instead of working at a mountain further south.  Let's hope the weather forecast for Monday improves so the snow will still be decent when I can finally ski on Tuesday.

James Dugan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Just curious. Why isn't this happening on MRG? They
report 3 inches new on top of a base of 6 inches.

Even Smugglers seems to get pretty much the same as
Stowe when it's falling. I may seriously contemplate a
trip to SB sometime. BTW, the $39 show your season
pass and get a ticket at Jay is in effect already from
an ad I saw on TV. If I hear some improving reports
from Jay I may be heading that way also. I haven't
given up, just still waiting. Jimski