I re read his post.  What he is saying is that Western
skiers whine and cry and tell us how terrible it is if
they don't get at least two feet of fresh powder every
time they go out. It does get kind of annoying after a
while.  I don't see how you come up with all the other
stuff you refer to. What he probably should have said
it "some" Western skiers but I can't put words in his
mouth.

A perfect example of this is a trip my friend took to
Whistler a couple of years ago.  It was an off year
but everything was covered and my friend said he has
never seen anything that good in his life.  All he
heard the whole trip was how terrible the conditions
were from all the locals.  From his view point the
conditions were better than anything he has ever
experienced and anything that could almost ever happen
in the East.  That's all.  No reason to get huffy or
take offense that I can see.   Jimski