Wow! You skinned and skied Hickory Hill? That was a great place when the poma (Ol' Betsy) used to chug. I'm amazed there was any snow at all on it........

Scott Braaten <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 19:05:02 -0500, Sharon Lives <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>As if we weren't depressed enough already...this forecast is like salt in
>the wound.
>
>I think we are going to have to lower our expectations of winter in order to
>survive here. I think Justin is a great example of that. Just make the best
>of what you have. You can have fun in just a patch of natural snow or on a
>man-made white-ribbon, or even just hiking muddy wet trails for exercise.

I'm just trying to be the messenger of certain atmospheric happenings. Its
a hobby and I'm not trying to put salt in anyone's wounds. I for one, have
been rather down on the way the recent weather has panned out but I know
Justin is right...the east turns on a dime. Make the most of what you have.
On Tuesday, I skinned and skied "Lost Ski Area" Hickory Hill in Warrensburg
(TR tomorrow) then had a surprisingly good day at Gore on Wednesday. I had
a great little trip to the Adirondacks and worked with what I had. Its
about having fun, exploration, good friends, and a good turn...whether its
in knee deep grass on 2" of slop or in 2' of powder. It'll come sometime.
But you know each day we wait, the better it'll feel when it arrives.

-Scott