The views were great.
http://tinyurl.com/y7vjkm
http://tinyurl.com/y7hx65
http://tinyurl.com/y3eysl
Snowed 4-5" then a lot of freezing rain at mid-mtn had the branches leaning
over.
http://tinyurl.com/y95njb
This is the first Holiday period I can remember skiing at Gore without the
summit/Straightbrook quad open.  They weren't even making snow on trails up
there, only on Pine Knot to get down to the Topridge Chair.  Dampens the mood.
http://tinyurl.com/y8gre2
http://tinyurl.com/yy2z77
Speaking of Pine Knot, it was skiing nicely first thing in the morning, as
were all the other trails.  Around 11am the place swelled with people until
2pm.  Here's what the place looked like in the morning.
Pine Knot:
http://tinyurl.com/yxdmyv
Foxlair:
http://tinyurl.com/y6us9q
http://tinyurl.com/y94qgc
At the top of the Gondola, family and friends skate off to start a new run:
http://tinyurl.com/y7jof2

Quicksilver was skiing very, very nicely with lots of the best man-made snow
I've seen in a while.  This stuff was light, chalky powder.  The masses
skied it into a nice bump run in the afternoon.
http://tinyurl.com/t8tzg
http://tinyurl.com/yxu2md
Top of quicksilver:
http://tinyurl.com/y8smjm
The new snow added a fresh breath of winter.
http://tinyurl.com/y9a9y6
http://tinyurl.com/wu8eg

Then the people showed up.  Patrol got busy.
http://tinyurl.com/y8aeq9
http://tinyurl.com/y4zezd
http://tinyurl.com/t586k
Note guy sliding on his side with skis up into the Patrol blockade...about
to take out the patroller standing on the right.  Oh, it got interesting in
the afternoon:
http://tinyurl.com/y5xxwu

But we made the best of it.  Dan, a family friend but really a little
brother to me, my dad, and myself braved the crowds and had fun with the
human slalom.
Dan:
http://tinyurl.com/y7u7g7
http://tinyurl.com/yxd7xf
And Dad:
http://tinyurl.com/ta8mv

All in all, a good time regardless of what was open.  Go in with low
expectations and you never know what you might find.  No liftlines at all,
but high trail density that came in waves.  If you stood and waited a couple
minutes, the wave of humanity would pass and leave a sunny, snow-filled
Adirondack trail just begging to be ripped.

-Scott