State law, 24 VSA 933, says that the voters set the Select Board's
compensation or, if the voters do not, the Board of Auditors does.

I had a discussion with Deb Markowitz several years ago about what
happens if a town has voted to abolish the Board of Auditors, and you
may want to check with her if your town has done so.

At 10:52 AM 1/25/2007, you wrote:
>Who gives the Selectboard a raise? They think it is the auditors. I
>can't find this in writing anywhere. Does anyone know where I could
>find this in writing?
>
>Tracy Black
>Clerk
>Town of Peru

Larry J. Melen, Weathersfield Town Manager
Telephone: [802] 674-2626
Fascimile: [802] 674-2117
Website: http://www.weathersfield.org

NOTICE:

THIS TRANSMITTAL IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF AND BY THE
INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY TO WHICH IT IS ADDRESSED.  IT MAY CONTAIN
INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, OR EXEMPT FROM
DISCLOSURE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.

IF THE READER OF THIS TRANSMITTAL IS NOT THE INTENDED RECIPIENT OR
THE EMPLOYEE OR AGENT RESPONSIBLE FOR DELIVERING THE TRANSMITTAL TO
THE INTENDED RECIPIENT, YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED THAT ANY
DISSEMINATION, DISTRIBUTION, OR COPYING OF THIS COMMUNICATION IS
STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS COMMUNICATION IN ERROR, PLEASE NOTIFY THIS
OFFICE IMMEDIATELY.