I have a question to piggyback onto Miki's questions.  Concerning summer
workers and election workers, how long do you wait before you decide they
will not be working again and 'terminate' them?


Lee, Monkton Treasurer 



From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Michalina Wasung Townshend
Sent: Friday, January 05, 2007 2:35 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Unempl "requests for separation"


I've just received the Dept of Labor unemployment form (fwd'd from John
Jay-we are in the VLCT Trust) wh includes a mustard colored notice reporting
that fines will be assessed as of 1/1/07 for not returning separation
information by the due date.

Pardon my ignorance, but I've never gotten one [sep request] and must guess
that John Jay takes care of that as part of the trust stuff.

Am I correct?   OR do we have yet another thing to do from now on?

It seems that there are more and more new things wh. must be done.   I would
love to be reassured that this is not one of them.  

I'm using the muninet instead of calling the League because maybe others
have the same question.

 Thanks, Miki, Townshend Treasurer