According to Mary Jane Grace, 6066a(1) states that the voters of a
municipality MAY elect to apply the amounts.  Tax Commissioner Bill Johnson
weighed in that this leaves the door open for the Selectboard to make the
call.  In Morristown, the Selectboard voted in a regularly scheduled meeting
to apply the prebate/rebate property tax adjustments, so we will not be
taking it to town meeting.

Here is the article for the Veteran's Exemption:

ARTICLE    Will the Town vote to increase the Veteran's exemption for
disabled veterans, his or her surviving spouse or dependent from $20,000 to
$40,000?  Such voted exemption shall reduce the assessment of the property,
thereby reducing the property taxes due from the qualified property owner
and increasing the Town's education tax liability.

If anyone sees a problem with this, please let me know ASAP.

Mary Ann

  _____