For Listers, the encroachment lowers the value of the ROW to the persons who benefit, and if the construction is very elaborate, may also impair the value to the person building.  That could be interesting.
Bruce in Eden.
----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Groton Listers
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, January 09, 2007 2:23 PM
Subject: ROW encroachment

We have a problem here in Groton.  It regards a landowner erecting a stone wall on an existing ROW.  The wall in question is being built along the side of theROW, but actually on the ROW. It does not eliminate the use of this ROW but definately narrows it.  We listers would appreciate any info that may pertain to our problem.  Have any of you had to deal with a problem such as this?  How was it handled.  Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Groton lister, Laurine Grant