-----Original Message-----
From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Grace, Mary Jane
Sent: Friday, January 19, 2007 1:49 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: installment payments and Homestead Property Tax Income Sen sitity
Adjustments 32 VSA 6066a.

Some folks have asked for draft wording for the article on how to apply
credit to intallment payments.  Here's a crack at it.

Mary Jane Grace
Property Valuation and Review Division
Vermont Dept. of Taxes
802-828-5863

Article.  Shall the Town of X vote to apply the amount allocated under
Chapter 135 of Title 32 of the Vermont Statutes Annotated (Homestead
Property Tax Income Sensitivity Adjustment) to the taxpayers' property tax
installments pro rata (total adjustment would be divided equally between all
installments)?

OR

Article.  Shall the town of X vote to apply the amount allocated under
Chapter 135 of Title 32 of the Vermont Statutes Annotated (Homestead
Property Tax Income Sensitivity Adjustment) to the taxpayers' property tax
installments in order (adjustment would be applied to first installment
first and then if any more, to remaining installments)?