Mary Jane,

I am hoping you can help me with this question or direct me to the right place.  The Pittsfield Select Board wants to know if the Select Board can vote how to apply credit at a regular Select Board meeting or does it need to be set at Town Meeting by the voters?  They also want to know how it will be handled if the credit is for more than the tax due.

Thank you for your help.  Patty Haskins, Pittsfield Clerk & Treasurer
-----Original Message-----
From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Grace, Mary Jane
Sent: Friday, January 19, 2007 1:49 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: installment payments and Homestead Property Tax Income Sen sitity Adjustments 32 VSA 6066a.

Some folks have asked for draft wording for the article on how to apply credit to intallment payments.  Here's a crack at it.

Mary Jane Grace
Property Valuation and Review Division
Vermont Dept. of Taxes
802-828-5863

Article.  Shall the Town of X vote to apply the amount allocated under Chapter 135 of Title 32 of the Vermont Statutes Annotated (Homestead Property Tax Income Sensitivity Adjustment) to the taxpayers' property tax installments pro rata (total adjustment would be divided equally between all installments)?

OR

Article.  Shall the town of X vote to apply the amount allocated under Chapter 135 of Title 32 of the Vermont Statutes Annotated (Homestead Property Tax Income Sensitivity Adjustment) to the taxpayers' property tax installments in order (adjustment would be applied to first installment first and then if any more, to remaining installments)?