We have two selectboard positions (a 1 yr. and a 3 yr.) and three schoolboard positions (1,2,& 3 year) up for election at Town Meeting.  We elect officers by Australian ballot.  Can candidates circulate more than one petition (one for the 1 yr. term and another for the 3 yr. term) for the same office and then decide when they bring back the signed petitions which one they will be running for (based on who else happens to have submitted a petition for that seat)?  I think this is a disservice to those being asked to sign the petitions since it would prevent them from being able to sign any other petitions for those seats, but I can't find anything in the statutes about it.
Thanks,
Lisa Barrett
Town of Lyndon