________________________________

From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Michalina Wasung Townshend
Treasurer
Sent: Friday, January 05, 2007 8:56 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: pilot program

Bobbi - This is what I have come to understand - we get some $$ for the
land itself from I think forest and parks - how its calculated is some
mystery.  Then, starting a few years ago we have gotten some other $$
from some other department for the buildings - supposedly something from
the money the state gets to keep from the local option tax.  None of it
is vy straightforward, but to the state there is some sort of internal
logic and the towns are better compensated than they used to be.
Townshend has a state park wh is now abt 1,000 acres.
Miki, Townshend Treasurer