In Stamford we have a written policy signed by town clerk and selectboard stating

Until further clarification by the State of Vermont, it is the policy of the Stamford Town Office not to allow a digital, photographic or scanned image of a recorded document.  Only copies made by the Town Clerk or the Assistant Town Clerk will be allowed and only on equipment certified by the State of Vermont.

Nancy

----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Lucrecia Wonsor
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2007 1:38 PM
Subject: Copies of land records question

I know this question has been around before, however, this is the first time I am encountering the issue.  If someone comes in and takes digital pictures of the land records, instead of photocopies, does he get charged the $1 per page or is it free?

I thought the statute was changed to include digital photos--am I wrong?

Any help appreciated as I research it here.

Lucrecia