----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Nancy Bushika Town Clerk
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Friday, January 26, 2007 12:47 PM
Subject: collector of delinquent taxes

Hi, Questions regarding a collector of delinquent taxes:

1. Do any towns have a delinquent tax collector program that will figure penalty, monthly interest and  print delinquent bills?
NEMRC does -  As Treas I use it for current taxes, and I had them set up a #2 entitiy for delinquents - the Delinquent collector brings me a disk wh overwrites(updates) her stuff when she pays the town monthly.
2.  If so, is this a purchased program specifically for delinquencies?     or  done on a spread sheet?   If a purchased program then,  what is the name of it and approximately how much?
see # 1
3.  Does collector of delinquent taxes work out of home or in the town office?  Does the program stay in the town office or go with the collector?
The collector works at home - the town owns the program and pays to have it put on her computer.
it works fairly well, there are somethings I would change,  however - I don't know what else is out there and if its written by programmers OR FOR collectors.
Miki, Townshend Treasurer
Thanks for you help.  Nancy

Checked by AVG Free Edition.