I have served on Tax Abatement Bds for many, many years.  It seems to depend on who is present and how pushy they are about their way to do it more than anything else.  Miki, Townshend Treasurer
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Lucrecia Wonsor
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Friday, January 26, 2007 2:22 PM
  Subject: Abatement

  I have just received two separate requests for abatement.  One of the requests involves property that was lost in a fire.  The town runs on a calendar year and the school is on a fiscal year.  If the Board decides to abate but wants to prorate the amount, is it calculated using both the fiscal year formula for the school tax and the calendar year formula for the town tax?

  Thanks,
  Lucrecia