I was asked to tell our experience with NetEqualizer.  We purchased the
box about 3 weeks into first semester when our old bandwidth control
server died and support was not forthcoming from the company.

We put NetEqualizer in place and fired it up with little to no problem.
For the first 5-6 hours it worked as we were told it would with NO
configuration.  After the first day we noticed problems with students
exceeding the connection limits we set.  We called the company and within
24 hours we had the configuration modified to the specific needs of our
network and our bandwidth was under our control again.

In the last 4 months I have not had to make any additional changes to the
configuration.  In fact we have not even had the need to restart the box.
The NetEqualizer box has some very good algorithms to have controlled our
heavy bandwidth users with not adding significant network overhead to the
rest of our low bandwidth users. Our students have seen an increase in
bandwidth when they need it.  The gamers are happy because the latency we
used to have under our old bandwidth system has disappeared.