Dear Colleagues,

I am doing a difficult search and would like to ask for any advice or
assistance you might be able to provide.

We are looking for any articles about the practice of allowing an
alcoholic inpatient to have some alcohol while in the hospital.  It
would be a situation where the person would be hospitalized for two or
three days and is not willing to go through alcohol withdrawal in order
to receive a procedure or surgery.

I've searched Medline using:

exp Inpatients/
exp Alcohols/ or alcohol.mp.
exp Alcohol Drinking
1 and (2 or 3)

Any help or advice would be *most* appreciated.

Sincerely,

Laura A. Dixon, MLS
Manager, Bassett Learning Commons
& Mackenzie Medical Library
Bassett Healthcare
1 Atwell Road
Cooperstown, NY 13326

NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY
This electronic message, including attachments, is for the sole use of the
named recipient and may contain confidential or privileged information
protected by New York State, and Federal regulations. Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure, copying or distribution is strictly prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient or have received this communication
in error please contact the sender or [log in to unmask] and
destroy all copies of the original message. Thank you.