I know this subject has come and gone a few times, but technology
changes faster than the weather around here, so I'm going to ask again.
I'm looking for a point-and-shoot digicam with a moderate degree of
programmability.  I've gotten some good recommendations, so I'm just
trying to get a feel for what folks are really happy with for shooting
winter scenes.  Quick focus/short shutter lag is a big plus.  SLRs
appear to be bigger and more expensive than I want.  I thought I was on
the right track until somebody turned me on to dpreview.com.  Now, I'm
befuddled by the options.  What works for the SkiVT-l photographers?

- Patrick