and 4-8" in the Dacks sounds promising.

  Jimski, be still my beating heart! Dare I hope that Gore would be worth it?

Bruno deBiasi <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  NWS just issued a statement about the Friday event, a general 1 to 3
incher. This is only 2 days out, and is not reliant on a coastal low
hit or miss. Getting close to the 40" mark, or close enough for Man's
Field's woods to open... at least the upper reaches.

http://www.uswx.com/us/wx/VT/05672/XSPS.3515/

Then Friday night it may get really interesting into Saturday, with up
to 8-12". Can you say "drop some ropes"? Yee haw.

SNOW SHOWERS - ESPECIALLY NRN SECTIONS AND ALL MTN LOCATIONS -
FRIDAY NIGHT THRU SATURDAY. TOTAL AMTS BY THE END OF SATURDAY
AFTERNOON COULD RANGE FROM 8-12" JAY PEAK TO MT. MANSFIELD
RIDGES...AND HIGHER PEAKS OF NERN VT. A GOOD BET FOR 4-8" IN THE
ADIRONDACKS AND COMMUNITIES OF NERN VT. A GENERAL 3-6" IS POSSIBLE IN
THE CHAMPLAIN VLY AND CENTRAL/SRN GREEN MTNS FROM THESE SNOW
SHOWERS...WHICH WILL AFFECT THE VLYS FROM TIME TO TIME.
AGAIN...ALL THIS WILL OCCUR OVER A LONG TEMPORAL PERIOD OF 24-36
HOURS.

http://www.weather.gov/view/prodsByState.php?state=VT&prodtype=discussion#AFDBTV

- Bruno