The following message is for Town Clerks who process Vital Records, from
Rich McCoy, at the Vermont Department of Health.
It was brought to our attention by town clerks that a letter from a
state agency was being sent to Medicaid recipients with inaccurate
information about certified copy costs.  Medicaid applicants and
renewals are now federally-required to provide proof of citizenship;
birth certificates are one of the primary documents. The letter stated
that a certified copy could be obtained from town clerks for $7.00.
This resulted in some upset customers when they found it was $9.50.
Vital Records had not written or sent the letter, so we had to track
down the source.  We've been  informed that the Department for Children
and Families has found the source of the letter and corrected the
statement to reflect $9.50.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call (802-651-1862) or
send a note to me at:  [log in to unmask]

Rich McCoy
Director, Center for Health Statistics
Vermont Department of Health
108 Cherry St.
Burlington, VT 05402
Phone (802) 651-1862
Fax (802) 865-7701

This email message may contain privileged and/or confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this email message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this email message from your computer.

CAUTION: The Agency of Human Services / Vermont Department of Health cannot ensure the confidentiality or security of email transmissions.