Mike these are excellent questions that don't get asked enough about k-12 information technology programs. You might be interested in looking at a good reference that deals with these questions and sets some standards for assessment. "Technology in Schools: Suggestions, Tools, and Guidelines for Assessing Technology In Elementary and Secondary Education" A PDF copy can be found @ nces.ed.gov/pubsearch/pubsinfo.asp?pubid=2003313 I have used the guide for information technology assessments in several schools. The document is listed as a resource in the "Six Elements" of Vermont's State Educational Technology Plan. Peace Frank Apple ChanceryFrank J. Watson 1 Lochend Lane Cheraw, SC 29520 843.537.2770 Apple Chancery2D2D,1C1C,FFFFI'll see it when I believe it