Not Sitting in the Consumer Channel Anymore
Weblogg-ed - the read/write web in the classroom
19 Feb 2007 09:54 pm
http://weblogg-ed.com/2007/2481/

The other day, Tess put on this strange voice and started babbling
something about “eating paste” and that it was “acid free.” I asked
her what in the heck she was talking about, and it turns out she was
acting out a YouTube video that her nine-year old friend had shown
her, one which, with an astounding adeptness I didn’t know my
daughter possessed, she brought up to show me about 30 seconds after
turning on the computer. It was a really stupid clip about eating
glue stick in school, one in a series of stupid clips of some girl
talking strangely and babbling nonsense. Funny to a nine-year old…
silly to me. (Somewhat unsettling, actually…parentable moment.)

But anyway, here is the kicker. After we watched it about halfway
through and I forced her to turn it off, she turns to me and says
“Hey Dad. Can you show me how to make one of those video things?”

-> http://weblogg-ed.com/2007/2481/