All right, in response to Michael's request, I offer a few comments
on Mitchel's lecture and Jonathan Campbell's rising to his defense.
(1) Michael is right in saying that adult stem cells are not said
by NIH to offer as wide a range of potential applications as
embryonic stem cells.  The issue is the extent of pluripotency of
adult stem cells.  But let me slip into debating mode for a moment.
Jonathan, what makes adult stem cells virtuous and embryonic stem
cells a conspiracy chimera in your eyes?  Weren't adult stem cells
studied by the same overfunded captive researchers as embryonic?
(2) I cringe when self-declared Marxiosts like Mitchel cite
acupuncture and homeopathic medicine as true peo0ple's science which
the class enemy is suppressing.  I assume Mitchel has no citation to
Marx or Engels for his endorsement of these "sciences"-- let alone
experimental basis for his belief.
	The truth will make you free.  Well, anyway, it may help.
				Chandler