From: Mitchel Cohen <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Quackwatch -- Not so fast ....
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 23:28:17 -0500

Hey Eric,
I wouldn't rely on quackwatch too much if I were you. Their leading figure,
Stephen Barrett, is losing case after case as the so-called quacks have been
turning the tables on the nation's premiere quack. Here's one story from 2
years ago. There are more, but this should do:

http://www.canlyme.com/quackwatch.html

Dr. Stephen Barrett of Quackwatch Exposed In Court Cases

At trial, under a heated cross-examination by Negrete, Barrett conceded that
he was not a Medical Board Certified psychiatrist because he had failed the
certification exam.

This was a major revelation since Barrett had provided supposed expert
testimony as a psychiatrist and had testified in numerous court cases.
Barrett also had said that he was a legal expert even though he had no
formal legal training.

The most damning testimony before the jury, under the intense
cross-examination by Negrete, was that Barrett had filed similar defamation
lawsuits against almost 40 people across the country within the past few
years and had not won one single one at trial.

During the course of his examination, Barrett also had to concede his ties
to the AMA, Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and Food & Drug Administration
(FDA).

P R E S S R E L E A S E

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE