Re: The fascist pharma industry
George of Oaxaca wrote:

  Here's the essence of it for understanding U.S. policy,

"We have about 60 per cent of the world's wealth but only 6.3 per cent of its population. In this situation we cannot fail to be the object of envy and resentment.  Our real task in the coming period is to devise a pattern of relationships which will permit us to maintain this position of disparity.  We need not deceive ourselves that we can afford today the luxury of altruism and world benefaction.  We should cease to talk about such vague and unreal objectives as human rights, the raising of living standards and democratisation.  The day is not far off when we are going to have to deal in straight power concepts.  The less we are then hampered by idealistic slogans, the better."
George Kennan, ex-US State Department Policy Planning
Staff Chief, Document PPS23, 24 February 1948

        A detailed analysis of this "quote", starting with a correction  -  Kennan wrote 50%, not 60% - , is available at
http://www.swans.com/library/art11/ga192.html

        To me as an antinuclear activist, Kennan had been most visible (later, after he'd been the USA ambassador to Moscow) as an opponent of the H-bomb.  I regard him as a refined USA establishment member, as contrasted to the crude sort such as Dubya.