From: Carmelo Ruiz <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: The fascist pharma industry
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 11:49:07 -0800

Let's not forget that the pharmaceutical industry was
the main force behind the WTO's TRIPs agreement. This
industry is using intellectual property rights to keep
life-saving drugs out of the reach of the poor in both
north and south. They are THE reason why millions of
Africans are needlessly dying of AIDS and why a
growing number of American retirees cannot afford
badly needed medications.

In any case, most pharmaceutical R&D is done by the
public sector, not by industry.

Carmelo