Our man in Oaxaca wrote:

>       You commented on the quote from George F. Kennan that I
>included in a post, as follows:
>
>______________________________________
>

>       A detailed analysis of this "quote", starting with a
>correction  -  Kennan wrote 50%, not 60% - , is available at
><http://www.swans.com/library/art11/ga192.html>http://www.swans.com/library/art11/ga192.html
>       To me as an antinuclear activist, Kennan had been most visible
>(later, after he'd been the USA ambassador to Moscow) as an opponent
>of the H-bomb.  I regard him as a refined USA establishment member,
>as contrasted to the crude sort such as Dubya.
>
>______________________________________
>

>   Your comments seem unrelated to the pharmaceutical industry

	No more so than yourn, Geo our man.

>      Did you have a substantive contribution to make, or was your
>intent merely to show how learned you are?

	No great claim of learning on my part -  just a desire to
point out that even one capable of such a brutal statement as that
'48 model from Kennan can turn out to be somewhat civilised on an
important matter.
	I'd like to hear whether Kennan is viewed as an extreme ogre
by USA leftists.  From my foreigner's  perspective he looks far from
your worst.
	Please don't feel got at, Geo.  There was no reflection on
your good self  -  it was pretty obvious that you'd just copied a dud
figure, as any of us might.  Beyond that correction, the analysis of
the '48 Kennan quote is worth having for those who are interested in
such things.