One might argue, as I do in my physics class, that there are parallels
between religion and science, in that scientists "believe" that certain
scientific theories are "true".  When one is involved in research, one
perhaps has "faith" that one's results are valid, and are consistent with
the theory that is being invoked to explain the results.  This "faith"
becomes stronger as more results appear, and the work can be reproduced in
other labs.  And the "faith" crumbles (or should, at least) when careful
experiments contradict.

A huge difference, however, that may be lost on some younger students, is
that religious "theories" are nonfalsifiable, and are therefore not
scientific and may not be appropriately compared with science.

I also mention astrology and homeopathy as examples of some of the
antiscience nonsense out there that some people believe in.

BTW, most of my students are African, Middle-eastern, Asian, Eastern
European, Caribbean and Hispanic, with all the expected religions: Catholic
and Orthodox Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, Jewish.  Unfortunately, most
consider it impolite (or perhaps impolitic) to challenge the teacher,
despite my efforts to encourage them to do so.

A couple of questions that sometimes provoke discussion are "Why is the sky
blue?" and "Why is the sky dark at night?". Usually the answers are quite
amazing.