The person with chuzpah around here is the Marxist Expert from the Columbian
White Tower.

Mitchel at least is at least DOING something good for the world (actually
many things) and I think his critique of Marxist philosophy with regard to
capitalist progress is right on the money.

Louis, here is something to chew on philosophically (I understand you have
almost a PhD in this): why are so many extremely wealthy capitalists and
capitalist foundations connected to the pharmaceutical industry interested
in a technology (embryonic stem cells) that is supposed to really solve
diseases, when the primary business model of the pharmaceutical industry is
long term illness maintenance, having nothing to do with cures or effective
curative treatment? Why are prominent leftists lining up as a cheering squad
along with the capitalists for this new technology?

Why is it that there is no interest in ADULT stem cells, which really can be
obtained easily (from the patient's intestines) and used easily and
relatively cheaply to re-grow organs?

Why is the FDA and the pharmaceutical industry so intent on regulating
natural supplements (via Codex) when "modern medicine" is the leading cause
of death in the US (>650,000 per year) and the leading cause of injury
(millions per year), while the number of people who have died as a result of
natural supplements is less than a hundred per year, almost exclusively the
result of not following the label and/or sheer stupidity.

Jonathan