I want to make clear that I have no problem with anyone questioning
scientific "consensus" on an issue, whether it be HIV causing AIDS or global
warming. But it has to be based on something. Duesberg has been making the
same arguments about HIV for more than 20 years, and the same snide remarks
about scientists who think the virus causes AIDS, oblivious to any of the
research that has gone on in the meantime. He has been too lazy and arrogant
to even change his rhetoric to take into account new findings. That to me is
a sign of someone with a pathological inability to admit he is wrong, and
yet he and some of his cronies managed to get themselves onto the South
African presidential AIDS panel. So if Mitchel has reasons for doubting the
scientific consensus amongst AIDS researchers, fine, but let him tell us
what his scientific objections are. Telling us that it is just a big
phamaceutical industry conspiracy won't cut it, and telling us that he
doesn't know doesn't cut it either. The scientists who study AIDS have
rejected all the hypotheses he proposes, so he needs to tell us why they are
wrong to do so.