One final note: In my Lahn profile, I refer to two unpublished studies
(although portions had been presented at meetings at the time I wrote) which
failed to show that there was a correlation between IQ, head size, and other
parameters, and the alleles supposedly favored by natural selection on genes
that Lahn thinks might be involved in cognition. One study was led by
Rushton, with genotyping by Lahn; the other was led by Lahn and two
researchers who have long studied the genetics of IQ, Danielle Posthuma in
Amsterdam and Nick Martin in Brisbane. Both of these studies have now been
published, despite their null findings, the first in Biology Letters and the
second in Human Molecular Genetics, both within the past month or two. They
did not sweep these negative findings under the rug. Life, and the politics
of science, is not so simple as it may seem.

MB