I think it is an historical impossibility that any of this research
would've shown that people of color were superior to whites. Let's
remember that the whole field of race studies (indeed the whole
concept of race) was invented precisely to explain the extant
differences in social/economic/political position of rich whites. In
previous times we could've chalked this inequality up to something
like ancestry or divine right. But the liberal democratic revolutions
made such explanations untenable. So there had to be another reason
for the maintenance of inequality during the period of 'liberte,
egalite, fraternite' and 'inalienable rights of all men'. Voila and
presto, we have something called 'race' and lo, there seem to be
differences in mental ability between these things called 'races'.

Science and politics are not separable. "The ruling ideology
(scientific thought being a part of and helping to create such) is
the ideology of the ruling class." The whole 'let the chips fall
where they may' theory ignores this, I think. As they always have,
the chips will fall where the ruling class wants them to fall. And to
be clear, I think this will be the case when we reach that happy
place when the working class is the ruling class, and further when
we've abolished class. Science will change to reflect the needs and
desires of the new society.

It just so happens that I think working class science will reflect
the true dialectical nature of the universe much better than
bourgeois science, with its partioning and dissembling and
reductionism and individualism.  There, I said it.

Alex