Just to be clear: I made Jonathan's email public because I wanted to make it
public, and because it shows how he thinks and how he regards people who try
to discuss real issues on this list. In essence, anyone who does not agree
with him is evil. Now perhaps we can get back to discussing real issues. I
am happy to ratchet down the rancor if others will do the same and assume
that all of us come to these discussions sincerely no matter what our
beliefs or political positions. That does not preclude, however, sharp
political debate, which this list really needs.